Prove you're human!

How To Access Any Blocked Site When Using GLO Network

;
For a while now I have been trying to open studyinnaija.com on my phone using Google Chrome. I tried a couple of other sites and discovered that while those running on WordPress were reachable, likewise those using blogger. This got me confused.
Glo logo

First all, how do you explain that sites hosted on a Google product (Blogger) cannot be reached using another Google product (Chrome)? Secondly, I could access these sites some hours ago. To unravel this mystery, I went digging.

I cleared my browser history, clear the cache, uninstalled and re-installed Google Chrome, unfortunately the sites remained inaccessible. I tried using different browser and the sites opened successfully.


At this point, I took my mind back to two days ago when I got a complaint from a frequent blog reader about not being able to access this site on Google Chrome even though she could on Opera mini. The fact that she uses Glo and I have recently switched my data sim from MTN to Glo, after which I began noticing this issue couldn't be a mere coincidence. Could it be that Nigeria's largest indigenous telecommunications service provider has put in place a restriction on users who use Google Chrome to access sites hosted on blogger? I went a step further.

I switched my data sim back to MTN, launched Google Chrome, typed in studyinnaija.com and viola, it opened. I tried a couple of other blogs hosted on blogger and they all opened. Not convinced it's a Glo issue, I switched back to Glo and the sites became inaccessible again while sites like bbc.com and other non-blogger sites were accessible. Back to MTN again and I could open the sites.  

After a lot of digging, I’ve found the solution and I want to share it with you.
The easiest way to access any blocked site using Glo network whether using Chrome or Opera Mini or any other browser is to simply download SurfEasy VPN


All you just have to do is to download this application, install it, and you can access any blocked site on Glo network or any other network at large.

Apart from giving you access to the sites hitherto inaccessible, it provides all-round network protection.


Hope this helps. Please share with other people facing same problem.

Comments

Follow Us On Twitter

You May Also Like